Saturday, May 29, 2010

Polynesian Cultural Center... Finally!!


Me and Erin on a canoe ride







(I'll post the video of New Zealand soon. They were my favorite)


Poi ball twirling... I need some more practice :)



Climbing the coconut tree


Everyone thought he was going to jump
to another tree... He's good, but really!
(I really like this picture)

Samoa: this guy was AWESOME! He was so funny!

Making Fire


Blowing on dry coconut husk to get flames


FIRE... then he stomped it out with his foot. CRAZY

He seriously punctured that coconut.


Husking the coconut


About to crack it open with a little rock...
He was explaining what he was doing and he would go through
a the words using a bunch of different languages. It was cool.


it was amazing! split right open


getting the meat out of the coconut so he could
make milk.

MILK... Pretty amazing. Very hard work


Tonga




Drums in Tonga

Tahiti

Rachel dancing with cute little boys
(they were pretty good)

Hawai'i

Teaching us about Hula and how to pronounce
Ukulele and Honolulu :) Nice

Fiji



Canoe Show!!





My cute roommate Rachel!


Tonga


Fiji


Samoa


Apparently they always rock the canoe and their
guide falls off. It was a nice day for a dip!!



Aotearoa (New Zealand)


Ceremonial Chief... I think




Rebecca, Margret (Rachels Friends) Rachel, Me, Erin





Silly Girls! Love my roomie!


Rachel, Sam, Me, Erin, Margaret, Rebecca (Rachel's friends from Kansas)
Sitting at McDonalds after spending the day at the PCC.
So Hawaiian we know. I never went there on the mainland.
But with so few choices you do what you gotta do!


Other Things I haven't posted...

Me, Josh, Brittany
We went and watched "Legacy" at the visitors
center one Sunday afternoon. What a great activity!





This is what you see as you stand at the end of
my drive way!!! Yep... I know. Its ok to be
jealous! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment