Thursday, January 19, 2012

More of the PURA VIDA



I know it is dark, but I keep forgetting to take a picture in the day time, but this is our house... I feel pretty safe :) even though we are only a block away from a psychiatric hospital. haha

This is the farmers market that they have every Saturday. There are tons of people and lots of fruits and vegetables.

La Pipa... coconut drink



Sunday walk up the little mountain!
San Jose is in the background

Isaura (Rivera's daughter) picked some flowers for me



Yep, we climbed that


Andres, Daniella, and Me

El REY
This was a little store we went to by the CRE (our office) and it seemed more like a warehouse than a store. It was a little difficult to find things and it was in a really random order.


First time on the bus.

The street where we live

A Day In San Jose...

Rodrigo Jr. (Rivera's youngest) on the bus...super cute!

El Mercado Central...This is a row of shops where they have more traditional things and souvenirs for travelers. It has some of the old roads etc. Pretty cool.


So all around San Jose they have these painted Doves. It is the parade of the doves. 2 years ago it was the parade of the cows. So each dove is painted differently and then when they change the animal in a couple years they will sell them and give the money they make to charity. Pretty cool. And they make for some great art!! You will see a bunch throughout my blog cause I think they are pretty cool.


THE NATIONAL THEATER
Its a very pretty building. Hopefully one day we can go to a concert or something inside.













This ones for you dad, I thought the way trunk grows is pretty cool!

Feed the birds... toppins a bag....



Isaura

He would ride the horse and make clicking sounds like a horse. It was so cute

I couldn't get him to smile except for right after I took the picture.



Me, Daniella, Isaura, and Andres



This one is for Camille. These are parrots hanging out on the top of a building. You can't really see them that well, but they are there and they were chirping :)

Yeah some guy was pushing this bike along the plaza. I was really hoping to get a picture of him on it, but he just parked it and went in a store, but seriously it is SO tall!!

Traditional Ice cream that tastes like eggnog with lots of cinnamon. It was delicious!


Aiwen is a TERRIFIED of birds... so this is at a pet shop we walked by. But seriously every time there is any sign of a bird she ducks or freaks out. It is kind of funny!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love the pictures! The farmer's market looks fantastic! I'm so jealous. What a perfect time to be in such a bright, warm place (though I'm sure it isn't nearly as drastic when you leave from Hawaii.) So will you post an explaination of what you are doing down there... with all of the details. How long, who Aiwen and all of the cute kids are, etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you posted a comment! It is a great place to be right now. I see pictures of snow and my whole body shivers. I don't think I can live in a cold climate anymore. Anyway, I am in Costa Rica doing my internship for school. I walked in December and this is the last thing I have to do. I am teaching an English class at the LDS Employment Center here in San Jose. My friend Aiwen is from all my TESOL classes at BYUH. She came with me, even though she doesn't know any Spanish. She is from Singapore and wanted an adventure. So here we are. She will be here till March and I am here till April. I wanted the extra month so I could have more time speaking Spanish and 2 months just seemed so short. Rodrigo Rivera is our supervisor at the Employment Center and the cute kids are his. His wife and kids have been showing us around while we had some days off and while Rodrigo was working. Anyway, lots of information, but hopefully this gives you an idea of what I'm doing here. It is really fun!! Sometimes its really hard. But it is an amazing experience that I am so blessed to have! Anyway, I hope you are doing well. Miss you!

      Delete